Pentecostal Episcopal Church International (PEC)
PEC is a covering ministry for Pastors and Churches who have a desire to be connected to a national and international Christian reformation for the purpose of fellowship, spiritual and theological enrichment and if desired, the opportunity to be credentialed through a recognized religious corporation.
PEC is organized under the biblical structure for Church government; government by the episcopacy; (Bishops, Pastors, and in some denominations, Elders).
We hold to the principle that the Shepherd and the Shepherd only has senior oversight of the Flock of God; and that all leadership positions are appointed or confirmed by the Senior Shepherd.
Where as the PEC supports and encourages congregational participation in ecclesiastical government, we do not believe that it is scriptural for a local church official to exercise authority over or usurp the authority of the Senior Shepherd of "the flock of Christ".
The Senior Pastor should be subject to the authority of the Bishop or Overseer only, as he or she is the Pastor’s covering and is the watchman over his/her soul.
PEC provides this covering and or governance for the Pastor and or Church while recognizing and supporting and encouraging the local church to be an independent functioning entity.
We do not and will not interfere with a ministry's finances unless a request is made for our assistance or oversight.
PEC is fully Pentecostal in doctrine, worship and holiness. We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit and all the subsequent gifts recorded in 1 Cor. 12. We believe in the anointing with oil, and the laying on of hands for unction, healing and deliverance.
PEC, is united spiritually with all believers in Jesus Christ as Lord, and has as our formal statement of faith a slightly modified version (not modified in substance) of the Apostles Creed:
1. We believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:
2. And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord:
3. Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary:
4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into Hades:
5. The third day he rose again from the dead:
6. He ascended into Heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:
7. From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead:
8. We believe in the Holy Spirit:
9. The Holy Christian Church: the Communion of Saints:
10. The forgiveness of sins:
1l. The resurrection of the body:
12. And life everlasting. Amen.